The Ospreys have been performing exceptionally over winter break, winning 5 of their 6 games. Team leaders DJ Campbell (#4), Kyion Flanders (#2), and Kadian Dawkins(#0) have been the key to the team’s success. All three have been recognized as lead scorers throughout the season.
To no one’s surprise, Campbell scored 24 points and Flanders scored 22 in Monday’s game against Rosemont College. Stockton trailed in the first half, with turnovers and missed opportunities costing them the lead; however, the men’s basketball team changed gears in the second half.
Key moments in the game:
- Flanders tied it with a three, 55 to 55. Within the next possession, Flanders made a steal and hit another three, taking the lead (58 Stockton to 55 Rosemont).
- With 9 minutes and 50 seconds remaining, Campbell got a steal and landed a 3-pointer (61 Stockton to 58 Rosemont).
- Milo Del Los Santos (#12) shot a three, increasing the lead from 63 to 66 with 7 minutes remaining.
- Martin Anguelov (#14) forced a turnover, and Dawkins (#0) drove down full court, passing it to Campbell in the corner for the three (69-62).
- In the last 6 minutes, Rosemont pushed back, 71 to 69. Martin Anguelov hit another three (74 to 69).
- Pass zipped to the strong side for Flanders to deliver the field goal (77 to 69).
The Ospreys defended their home court, taking the win 86 to 75. For more details go to: https://stocktonathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2022-23/rosemont-college/boxscore/6066