Do you want experience in journalism? Do you want to have leadership roles on your resume? The Argo is where you will find all this and more. We are now hiring an Assistant Editor to begin employment Spring 2021.
Under the direct supervision of the Editor-in-Chief, the Assistant Editor is responsible for the following:
- Assisting with the production of the twelve (12) articles each issue (for 12 issues a semester) and writing and editing content as directed by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Support and assist the editor-in-chief with editorial, production, related editorial tasks and staff supervision.
- Style, copy review, proofreading, and organization.
- Acting on behalf of the Editor-in-Chief, if he/she is not able or available to complete their responsibilities.
- Communicating Argo related concerns to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Attending/assisting with weekly meetings as scheduled by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Answering Argo related communications, such as emails, texts, and/or phone calls in a timely manner.
- Manage first phase of web presence with pdf/flipbook and archives.
- Attending Argo Board Meetings, two (2) per semester.
- Participating in a once-per-semester job evaluation.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO STOCKTONARGO@GMAIL.COM